14 of the most useful culinary tricks that will save your time and boost your culinary skills. Do you want to know how to cook a perfect piece of bacon, prevent a sliced cake from getting stale, and make sure that knife won't slip while you’re using it?
Frying perfect hamburger patties 0:42
Cutting a nice piece of cake 1:10
Making a lemon juice spray 1:38
Determining portion sizes with your hand 1:57
Preventing the knife from slipping 3:06
Figuring out how sour a lemon is 3:26
Frying a sausage 3:50
Checking if an egg is fresh 4:09
Keeping a sliced cake fresh 4:44
Calculating the time needed to boil a perfect egg 5:08
Storing leafy greens 5:53
Cooking the perfect bacon 6:08
Reheating pizza 6:34
Cutting steak correctly 7:09
- If you want your burger to fry fast and evenly, form a “dimple” in the center of the patty before throwing it on the pan. It’ll disappear by the time the burgers are ready since they even out while they cook.
- You always get that mini panic attack as you watch the beauty of your dessert being ruined by your own hand. To avoid this catastrophe, put the knife under hot running water, hold it there for some time, and then cut your cake.
- Stick a small spritzer into a lemon, and it’ll work just like any other kitchen or bathroom spray-pump. If it feels like the liquid inside has run out, squeeze the lemon, and you’ll get more juice out of it.
- To weigh fish or meat, put it on the palm of your hand. If it fits just within the palm, it weighs about 3 ½ ounces. If you really need to determine the correct portion of chips or crackers you have, again, pour them out onto your palms. Two handfuls of these crunchy delights will equal about 1 oz.
- The kitchen can be an area of heightened danger, especially when you’re dealing with sharp objects like knives. You should always keep knife handles clean and grease-free.
- There’s one simple trick here: the thinner the peel, the sourer the lemon. Armed with this knowledge, you can go to the grocery store and confidently choose the best option for your citrus fruit needs.
- If you fry sausages in a pan, you might face the problem of uneven cooking. To deal with this issue and to fry them uniformly both inside and out, make small cuts along the sausages, and use low heat to cook them.
- Crack an egg onto a white plate and pay attention to the egg white and the yolk. If they’re a bit too much on the runny side, this egg isn't as fresh as it should be.
- Attach slices of toast to the cut edges of the cake using toothpicks. This way, your lovely pastry will be safely protected until you get the urge to cut into it again.
- How to boil an egg:
2 minutes if you like the yolk thin and runny with the white on the runny side too;
4 minutes if you prefer a completely cooked white with thick runny yolk;
6 minutes if you want an egg with a completely cooked white and mostly cooked yolk;
8 minutes if your favorite egg is one with a fully cooked white and a soft yolk
10 minutes if you like both the yolk and the white cooked completely to their max
- It’s better to store leafy greens wrapped up in foil as it holds the right amount of moisture inside. This way your delicious healthy greens will stay fresh much longer
- The secret to cooking the perfect bacon is simple: bake your bacon! You need to preheat your oven to 400°F, and place the bacon on a piece of foil. Bake it for 12 minutes (make it 15-20 if the bacon is thick).
- To reheat pizza properly, spray it with some water before heating it up in the oven.
- Cut your steak against the grain. This way it won't tear apart, and you'll get perfect slices.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit:
Put a egg in water if it dose go to the top the egg is going to make you sick , it is does stand up it part bad but still safe to eat. you can tell how good it is by how much it dose stand up/go to the top of the water.
Blanching anything green such as asparagus or green beans and even mint or spinach with a little baking soda and salt. It’ll remain that nice green color compared to that old green color.
I ice the items right away if you’re not intending to eat it right away.
Using your hands to measure portion size is fine and dandy, but a chef that works in a kitchen wants consistency and the only way to get good consistency is accurate measurements...and any chef that works in a restaurant knows that or will eventually realize it.
Cooking the perfect bacon 6:08 - Baking bacon at 400f for 12 minutes is going to get you some almost raw bacon. I always bake my bacon, and my method is also 400f in a preheated oven but 40 minutes for standard cut and an hour for thick cut. I also flip it at the 2/3 point and drain off the grease (save this for cooking!) to allow the bacon to become crispy. I've seen placing the bacon on cooling racks used to allow the grease to drop down in order to eliminate that step, but I've never tried it.
Lemons: smoother skins mean juicier lemons. U can roll lemons on counter with some hand pressure for more juice. Fresh lemon juice add to food perks up the flavour. Trust this. I've been cooking 64 yrs.😁🤗
Hack a knife in to the avocado seed to get it out quickly with no damage to the avocado meat chop the avocado in two halfs, then chop the blade in to the seed hold the avocadohalf firmly and twist the knife until the seed comes lose
Recook spaghetti simply by putting it in boiling water again for half a minute ( surprisingly many people dont think this out by them selfes)
To check the desired cook level of a steak learn to determine temp by touch. Feel the "fatty" part of your palm, right below your thumb. With the hand open, this is is what a rare steak should feel like. Touch your pinky to your thumb, and the area on your palm will feel the same as a well done steak. Ring finger to thumb=Medium Well, Middle finger= medium, pointer (or first finger)=Medium rare.
So the 1st tip needs an adjustment. You never told them what side to place down on the grill or cooking surface first after making the dimple... The purpose of making the dimple is to place it dimple side UP on the grill.
Those "greens" looked a lot like parsley and herbs do mostly best if giving them a slight cut across the bottom of the stems (to open the stem tissue for water uptake) and setting them into a cup of water in the fridge (change water daily). Broccoli and Cauliflower do best in the crisper drawers in an paper bag. Mushrooms also like paperbags best (but they need to be put in fresh bags when bags get damp/soggy), I find "greens do best if in a container that does not crowd them atop a paper towel covered with a paper towel (it takes excess moisture away and keeps them from getting soggy and prevents premature rotting). No leafy greens like to be damp, so do not wash (unless you also dry them well) before use! Do not wash berries before use, either! Fruits with shiny skin (tomatoes, grapes, etc) can be washed, but should also be dried well (they do not do well if sitting in water!).
useless things that no chef would ever use and only make the process more complicated than needs be. FYI put eggs in water to check freshness laying on bottom is freshest, 1 end partly floating is a week old, standing up is 2-3 weeks and floating fully is toss them
I made it to about three minutes but didn’t listen to it all.
I think I am good to go. My kitchen tips have served me well for forty years now. This one is a done and scratched deal. I was just here for some comments and I got more than enough of them. If you’ve not watched this yet, don’t.
Ah, yeeeaaahh, I tried that thing with the berries, a fist 👊🏻 for a cup. When I opened my fist, every single one of those berries were crushed to an unrecognizable mess. I am not impressed with this “professional tip!” Pffft, whadda they know. Next!
My two favorite kitchen hacks are as follows: 1). Sprinkle table salt all over a wet potato, and then using your hands, scrub the skins to clean the potato before baking it. The salt acts as a sort of "edible scouring powder" to get the skin clean. After scrubbing the potato, rinse it and reapply salt all over before putting it in the oven (do not wrap in foil). The potato will come out baked, with a slightly crispy skin that is already salted. Delicious! 2). To make a cake rise uniformly in a cake pan while baking, wrap wet paper towels folded to the height of the cake pan all around the pan and secure by tying thread around the pan and the wet paper towels. The cake will come out with far less "crowning" and work much better for a multi-layer cake.
Anunciado durante a Gamescom 2017, uma das maiores feiras de videogame do mundo, o remake de Secret of Mana é, desde o início, um projeto pensado para agradar aos fãs de longa data e atrair jogadores novatos com um gameplay mais acessível.
Não se engane: a versão 2018 de Secret of Mana está mais para uma recriação do que uma mera remasterização com pequeno ajustes gráficos. O que temos aqui é um jogo completamente atualizado, com personagens redesenhados que ganharam nova vida graças à estética cartunesca.
Se, por um lado, as mudanças visuais foram projetadas para atrair novatos, por outro, algumas pessoas podem torcer o nariz pela simplicidade da nova abordagem - especialmente no que diz respeito aos cenários e criaturas do mundo.
Os cenários coloridos, por exemplo, ainda que estejam bem representados, trazem pouca variedade e deixam game com cara de “jogo de celular”. Isso fica mais evidente pela estrutura do game, já que muitas áreas estão completamente vazias e monótonas. Nesse quesito, Secret of Mana não tem vantagem em ter o fator nostalgia a seu favor.
O remake utiliza a clássica perspectiva de visão aérea, com a câmera posicionada acima dos personagens. É possível arrastar as bordas da tela manualmente para ter uma visão mais ampla do ambiente, o que é bastante útil para momentos de exploração.
O brilho da era noventista, mas com ressalvas.
Antes de tudo, é importante ressaltar que não há legendas em português, então o melhor a fazer é jogar com textos em inglês. A história continua sendo o ponto mais alto de Secret of Mana e, novamente, coloca o jogador no controle de três adoráveis personagens: Randi, Primm e Popoi - é possível jogar em modo cooperativo local para até três usuários.
O objetivo do grupo é lutar contra um império traidor ao mesmo tempo em que tenta recuperar o poder da Mana para restaurar a paz. O grande problema é que, embora os gráficos estejam atualizados, as animações ficaram presas ao passado. Em vez de despertar o sentimento de nostalgia, a falta de capricho passa a impressão de que o remake foi feito às pressas.
A jogabilidade à la Zelda foi aprimorada e permite desferir ataques de qualquer ângulo. Os inimigos também demonstram mais inteligência, uma vez que agora eles têm a opção de atacar a partir de qualquer ponto do cenário.
Ainda que a movimentação esteja mais fluida, parece haver algum problema técnico relacionado ao impacto dos golpes. Isso porque há momentos em que o personagem simplesmente não acerta o ataque, mesmo posicionado a uma distância razoável do oponente.
Além disso, a interface dos menus ficou bem aquém do esperado, com abas confusas e muito mal posicionadas. Há, no entanto, uma opção de mapear os itens essenciais nos botões do joystick ou teclado, o que facilita muito a organização na hora de combates mais exigentes.
O remake de Secret of Mana mantém a essência da pérola dos RPGs de ação dos anos 90, mas comete muitos deslizes ao tentar mexer em time que está ganhando. Menus engessados, sistema de combate com problemas técnicos e animações presas ao passado impedem o relançamento de ser a experiência definitiva, apesar de que possa valer para quem nunca experimentou o jogo original.