Bright Side found out 15 simple but effective cooking tips every foodie should know. These secrets will help you to make your dishes taste just as great as Gordon Ramsay's (or even better!).
How do restaurant chefs manage to cook delicious culinary masterpieces so fast? Professional chefs usually keep all their cooking tricks a secret and share them only with their students.
The perfect steak 0:47
The juiciest meat 1:31
Flavoring spices 2:24
Light and airy dough 3:05
Fish with a delicate crust 3:39
Cooking steak without oil 4:13
Creamy mashed potatoes 4:41
Excellent cream soup 5:29
The best pancakes 6:19
Sugar is not for sweetness 6:51
The most difficult one: perfectly fried eggs 7:15
Clear broth 8:10
Crispy bread crust 9:06
Cook onions correctly 9:46
Don't be afraid of garlic 10:32
- Don't fry a piece of meat that you've just taken out of the fridge. Leave it for an hour or 2 before cooking to let it come up to room temperature. Now you'll fry the meat evenly and get a great meal, regardless of how you like your steak done.
- It takes time to fry chicken or pork properly, and you can dry them out very easily. To avoid this, many European chefs use a simple trick: they put the meat in a brine. It's very easy to make a good brine: take 3 cups of water, and add ¼ cup of salt and ¼ cup of sugar. Pour the brine into your meat so that the liquid covers it, and put the bowl in a fridge.
- To extract natural flavors and enhance the taste of the black pepper or cumin in your dish, toss them in a pan over medium heat, toasting them until they're fragrant. After that, you can use a mortar and pestle to grind your spices.
- If you want to make it perfect, here is a simple rule. Take the butter and eggs out of the fridge the night before to let them come up to room temperature.
- If you want to fry fish on a grill, spread some mayonnaise on it to get a tasty, delicate crust. Take a pastry brush, dip the tip in the sauce, and lightly apply mayo to the fish. Add some salt, and then grill it.
- Alain Ducasse, one of the most famous chefs in the world, revealed his secret for cooking a great steak. The steak is placed on its edge because it renders the fat. Now you're able to cook the steak in beef fat, plus it creates a delicious crust on the edges.
- Before turning boiled potatoes into the mashed ones, you need to dry them properly. Just place them in a clean heated frying pan, and keep them there until the remains of water dry out. Don't let the heat fry them. When the potatoes are dry, you'll get the best creamy mashed potatoes.
- Right before you start cooking it, fry all the vegetables separately with olive oil. Then add some water or broth. Frying will caramelize the sugar in the vegetables and enhance their flavor. The dish will be exquisite and tasty.
- Regardless of the recipe you follow, always add two tablespoons of sour cream to the mix. This trick suits all kinds of pancakes well, and they turn out to be very tasty, fluffy, and free of cracks.
- Sugar can be as good a seasoning as salt. Add a bit of sugar to a dish with pickled or fresh tomatoes or a tomato paste. The sugar reduces their natural sourness and makes any meal taste better.
- The 3 components of perfectly fried eggs are a thick-walled frying pan, butter, and minimum heat. Heat up the frying pan, and add 1/2 tablespoon of butter. It has to melt slowly, not reach a sizzle. Break the eggs, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add salt, and enjoy perfectly fried eggs.
- A clear broth is the main component in many soups, sauces, and other dishes. To make a crystal clear broth, you need to cook chicken on a low heat without a cover for at least 3 hours.
- If you bake at home, you might have faced difficulties with your crust: it's either too pale or too thick. You can solve this problem quite easily by putting a bowl of water into your oven when you bake. Instead of such a bowl, you can use a tray full of ice cubes.
-Use a medium heat for frying, and add both cooking oil and butter to the heated frying pan. Cut the onions, and fry them with some salt.
- If you still love to eat it but don't want to frighten away your date or wreck the negotiations, don't add garlic to the dish. Instead, you can apply some garlic juice to the plate. Thus you'll avoid the unpleasant smell and enjoy your favorite flavor.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit:
The secret to a clear broth isn't that, its boiling the bones, then straining and then giving them a rinse then doing that what was instructed. Of course you can save what you strained off, but it isn't clear.
Best mashed potatoes: DO NOT boil them in water. Cook the potatoes gently in a mix of milk and cream, with a bouquet of herbs. The potatoes will be rich beyond rich, and you won't have to add anything other than a little salt and pepper. You can then use the leftover milk/cream for soups and marinades. :)
So many unsafe food concepts here...culinary school did not teach me those! Please please ignore the majority of these hints. Don't leave eggs out overnight, don't try and bring a steak up to room temp to cook--science has proven both of these methods to not be effective.
No need to fry the potatoes before mashing. Just let them sit in a colander for 3 minutes so they drain all the water off and while you're waiting heat the milk and butter you are going to add. Mash the potatoes first to get all the chunks out and start whipping adding the butter/milk mixture as you go. I've made them this way over 40 years and they are perfect every time. If you want more flavor, add a peeled garlic clove as you're boiling the potatoes. Very tasty.
I can't remember a video that received SO MUCH negative criticism . Maybe he should find another job ;-). Im LOVE eggs over easy. Is there a trick to flipping them so they don't stick ( add more butter to begin with I suppose. But flipping them so they don't break the yellow. I find it near impossible to flip two eggs over easy together. HELP PLEASE. What is the secret ????
If you really want to benefit people, lose the obtrusive music or other sound effects, which are very annoying because they make it harder to catch the spoken directions! I came upon this site by accident and really like some of the ideas that I was able to "catch" (i.e., hear properly), but if all your videos follow a similar pattern of loud "background" noises, I am finished with the site! I am, by the way, a great fan of Kikkoman products and would never use any soy sauce by theirs.
After 10 minutes you mention onion... are you trying to caramelise the onion, or fry it? Because unless you bring the oil to a frying temperature (which you can test by throwing one piece of onion in to see if it starts crackling/bubbling slightly), you're going to end up caramelising the onion...
NUMBER 3 is the dumbest thing i have EVER !!! heard
u wanna bake pies and quiche etc etc and NOT burn yer crust
place strips of aluminum foll around the edges covering only the crust
DONT STICK A BOWL OF WATER IN THE FKING OVEN NUMBNUTS !!!
that is an accident waiting to happen ...... vid reported
The best butter: Melt butter in well-buttered frypan, drop butter in, cook until buttered. Add butter if desired. Remove from pan, spread butter on buttered butter. Finish with a dollop of butter and stir in some butter.
Pure BS! You are making people into cooks and foodie trash instead of chefs. You also forgot shallots! The most magical onion like option. You never mention herbs the guilty free magical ingredient in the entire culinary universe. Herbs with a little salt is the best magic you can use.
Yep, lavender is a delicate herb and should be handled lightly. Coriander is the most common one to roast before "grinding"and cumin should be put on a bare hot pan after grinding until aromatic and then mixed in to the other ingredients.
Why waste your time drying potatoes in a pan? Just boil them with their skins on. They absorb much less water and they are easy to peel afterwards. Also, use a potato ricer or food mill instead of a masher. You'll get fewer clumps.
Many years ago, a 3-star Michelin chef let me in on a secret with regard to strawberries. Cut your strawberries in 2 or 4 pieces (depending on the size of the fruit), sprinkle them with a bit of sugar and grind some *black* pepper onto the strawberries, and let them sit for a while. The *black* pepper enhances the flavour of the strawberries like nothing else!
Anunciado durante a Gamescom 2017, uma das maiores feiras de videogame do mundo, o remake de Secret of Mana é, desde o início, um projeto pensado para agradar aos fãs de longa data e atrair jogadores novatos com um gameplay mais acessível.
Não se engane: a versão 2018 de Secret of Mana está mais para uma recriação do que uma mera remasterização com pequeno ajustes gráficos. O que temos aqui é um jogo completamente atualizado, com personagens redesenhados que ganharam nova vida graças à estética cartunesca.
Se, por um lado, as mudanças visuais foram projetadas para atrair novatos, por outro, algumas pessoas podem torcer o nariz pela simplicidade da nova abordagem - especialmente no que diz respeito aos cenários e criaturas do mundo.
Os cenários coloridos, por exemplo, ainda que estejam bem representados, trazem pouca variedade e deixam game com cara de “jogo de celular”. Isso fica mais evidente pela estrutura do game, já que muitas áreas estão completamente vazias e monótonas. Nesse quesito, Secret of Mana não tem vantagem em ter o fator nostalgia a seu favor.
O remake utiliza a clássica perspectiva de visão aérea, com a câmera posicionada acima dos personagens. É possível arrastar as bordas da tela manualmente para ter uma visão mais ampla do ambiente, o que é bastante útil para momentos de exploração.
O brilho da era noventista, mas com ressalvas.
Antes de tudo, é importante ressaltar que não há legendas em português, então o melhor a fazer é jogar com textos em inglês. A história continua sendo o ponto mais alto de Secret of Mana e, novamente, coloca o jogador no controle de três adoráveis personagens: Randi, Primm e Popoi - é possível jogar em modo cooperativo local para até três usuários.
O objetivo do grupo é lutar contra um império traidor ao mesmo tempo em que tenta recuperar o poder da Mana para restaurar a paz. O grande problema é que, embora os gráficos estejam atualizados, as animações ficaram presas ao passado. Em vez de despertar o sentimento de nostalgia, a falta de capricho passa a impressão de que o remake foi feito às pressas.
A jogabilidade à la Zelda foi aprimorada e permite desferir ataques de qualquer ângulo. Os inimigos também demonstram mais inteligência, uma vez que agora eles têm a opção de atacar a partir de qualquer ponto do cenário.
Ainda que a movimentação esteja mais fluida, parece haver algum problema técnico relacionado ao impacto dos golpes. Isso porque há momentos em que o personagem simplesmente não acerta o ataque, mesmo posicionado a uma distância razoável do oponente.
Além disso, a interface dos menus ficou bem aquém do esperado, com abas confusas e muito mal posicionadas. Há, no entanto, uma opção de mapear os itens essenciais nos botões do joystick ou teclado, o que facilita muito a organização na hora de combates mais exigentes.
O remake de Secret of Mana mantém a essência da pérola dos RPGs de ação dos anos 90, mas comete muitos deslizes ao tentar mexer em time que está ganhando. Menus engessados, sistema de combate com problemas técnicos e animações presas ao passado impedem o relançamento de ser a experiência definitiva, apesar de que possa valer para quem nunca experimentou o jogo original.