Bright Side found out 15 simple but effective cooking tips every foodie should know. These secrets will help you to make your dishes taste just as great as Gordon Ramsay's (or even better!).
How do restaurant chefs manage to cook delicious culinary masterpieces so fast? Professional chefs usually keep all their cooking tricks a secret and share them only with their students.
The perfect steak 0:47
The juiciest meat 1:31
Flavoring spices 2:24
Light and airy dough 3:05
Fish with a delicate crust 3:39
Cooking steak without oil 4:13
Creamy mashed potatoes 4:41
Excellent cream soup 5:29
The best pancakes 6:19
Sugar is not for sweetness 6:51
The most difficult one: perfectly fried eggs 7:15
Clear broth 8:10
Crispy bread crust 9:06
Cook onions correctly 9:46
Don't be afraid of garlic 10:32
- Don't fry a piece of meat that you've just taken out of the fridge. Leave it for an hour or 2 before cooking to let it come up to room temperature. Now you'll fry the meat evenly and get a great meal, regardless of how you like your steak done.
- It takes time to fry chicken or pork properly, and you can dry them out very easily. To avoid this, many European chefs use a simple trick: they put the meat in a brine. It's very easy to make a good brine: take 3 cups of water, and add ¼ cup of salt and ¼ cup of sugar. Pour the brine into your meat so that the liquid covers it, and put the bowl in a fridge.
- To extract natural flavors and enhance the taste of the black pepper or cumin in your dish, toss them in a pan over medium heat, toasting them until they're fragrant. After that, you can use a mortar and pestle to grind your spices.
- If you want to make it perfect, here is a simple rule. Take the butter and eggs out of the fridge the night before to let them come up to room temperature.
- If you want to fry fish on a grill, spread some mayonnaise on it to get a tasty, delicate crust. Take a pastry brush, dip the tip in the sauce, and lightly apply mayo to the fish. Add some salt, and then grill it.
- Alain Ducasse, one of the most famous chefs in the world, revealed his secret for cooking a great steak. The steak is placed on its edge because it renders the fat. Now you're able to cook the steak in beef fat, plus it creates a delicious crust on the edges.
- Before turning boiled potatoes into the mashed ones, you need to dry them properly. Just place them in a clean heated frying pan, and keep them there until the remains of water dry out. Don't let the heat fry them. When the potatoes are dry, you'll get the best creamy mashed potatoes.
- Right before you start cooking it, fry all the vegetables separately with olive oil. Then add some water or broth. Frying will caramelize the sugar in the vegetables and enhance their flavor. The dish will be exquisite and tasty.
- Regardless of the recipe you follow, always add two tablespoons of sour cream to the mix. This trick suits all kinds of pancakes well, and they turn out to be very tasty, fluffy, and free of cracks.
- Sugar can be as good a seasoning as salt. Add a bit of sugar to a dish with pickled or fresh tomatoes or a tomato paste. The sugar reduces their natural sourness and makes any meal taste better.
- The 3 components of perfectly fried eggs are a thick-walled frying pan, butter, and minimum heat. Heat up the frying pan, and add 1/2 tablespoon of butter. It has to melt slowly, not reach a sizzle. Break the eggs, and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add salt, and enjoy perfectly fried eggs.
- A clear broth is the main component in many soups, sauces, and other dishes. To make a crystal clear broth, you need to cook chicken on a low heat without a cover for at least 3 hours.
- If you bake at home, you might have faced difficulties with your crust: it's either too pale or too thick. You can solve this problem quite easily by putting a bowl of water into your oven when you bake. Instead of such a bowl, you can use a tray full of ice cubes.
-Use a medium heat for frying, and add both cooking oil and butter to the heated frying pan. Cut the onions, and fry them with some salt.
- If you still love to eat it but don't want to frighten away your date or wreck the negotiations, don't add garlic to the dish. Instead, you can apply some garlic juice to the plate. Thus you'll avoid the unpleasant smell and enjoy your favorite flavor.
Subscribe to Bright Side : https://goo.gl/rQTJZz
Our Social Media:
SMART Youtube: https://goo.gl/JTfP6L
5-Minute Crafts Youtube: https://www.goo.gl/8JVmuC
Have you ever seen a talking slime? Here he is – Slick Slime Sam: https://goo.gl/zarVZo
For more videos and articles visit:
this confirms my ideer about why most chefs are terreble at cooking vegan food. They dont know how to make things taste great without adding, butter, cream, milk, eggs, to everything they make, and the rest they learn is how to cook meat in different ways. :D
Bro, right off the bat; number 15, you should never defrost eny thing at room temp. Either leave it in the fridge over night or do it during the cooking process. Doing it during the cooking process may reduce the flavor, but it will avoid eny food born illnesses. Leaving it on your counter leaves it at high risk for food born illnesses.
Sooooo basically use indian spices, thats all you gotta do! First take pan, some oil, sautee some onions abt 2 mins, then add some spicy green peppers or jalapenos, then after abt a min, add tomatoes, then after abt 2 to 3 mins add chicken, let them all fry for abt 10 mins, stir some, let chicken fry a bit, then add salt & turmeric, let it fry for another 10 mins or so, then add cilantro, chicken curry powder, cumin, etc, after a min, add a lil bit of water for gravy and let it shimmer for a min, Wallaaa! Use this technique for all your meats and itll work for most. Let me know what u think
I'm a bit upset that this video is not vegan friendly. I see eggs, butter, and most of it talks of meat. You could maybe talk about how to grill the vegan impossible burger and give tips on how to cook vegan food well so help gain more vegans as a part of a solid veganhood
You say cook onions in oil AND butter, then you say only use butter to cook onions. There were a few other inconsistencies in the other tips too, like _how to make excellent cream soup_ makes no mention of how and when to add the cream. Someone needs to proof read and fact check the scripts.
3 hacks I've learned. In sunny side up eggs, just add a little water under your egg instead of all of that butter. Cuts out calories. Bake your meats instead of frying them. Baste every 10 to 15 minutes until done. The meat will be super moist and flavorable, depending the seasoning you use. And the best one yet, use one big marshmallow in your brown sugar once you are done using it, the sugar will stay moist. Oh and instead of water in your chocolate cake recipes, add fresh original coffee. It will heighten the taste of the chocolate. One more, before boiling your potatoes, add salt and a lid full of oil to the water. Make sure to cut the skin in a complete circle all the way around the potatoes and when the potatoes are done the skins will pull off like sleeves. 😉
Now, with these hacks mentioned. Let me let you in on something very vital to your souls. Jesus is on His way, we are living in latter days. Do your research. Prophesies are coming true right before our very eyes. Read the book of Revelations. Pray for God to open your eyes and Pray for Him to get you Heaven ready. It's almost time to go back home to Heaven. I love baking and cooking so much that I asked the sweet Lord if I could be of help in His kitchen, cause I love it so much. Idk what the answer is yet, but we'll see. In Heaven, we don't have to eat unless we want to. And there will be no killing of no animals, that includes fish. Wonder what that's going to be like? My lovelies, Don't Say You Haven't Been Warned About Jesus' 2nd Coming, cause after reading this, you technically have. Pray all day, read your Bibles daily, and go to church, Spread the "Good News,"to whomever will listen. It's almost time to leave this earth and enjoy the wedding feast in Heaven. Believe me or Not... It's Very Much True... Loves ya and Jesus does, too... more than you could fathom...🌹💛🌈👑
45 minute fried egg? SERIOUSLY! I can fry a dozen in 7 minutes flat.....Mash potatoes, tip...add a tablespoon of mayo....
Want a beautiful sunny up egg? Separate the yolk from the whites before putting in the pan and cook in butter low heat. Keep in mind, electric is very different from gas stoves. Electric stoves can be unpredictable. Want amazing french fries, after you cut them, soak them at room temp for 2 hours with salty water. Be sure you paper towel pat dry before putting them in hot oil.
Cooking meat? Season and sit at room temp for 2 to 3 hours before cooking, especially grilling. The season settles into the meat grains better than in the fridge. It also cooks less in time and the flavors will be more pleasing to the pallet.
so you're rushing home to eat a steak and your suggestion is to "leave it for an hour or two before cooking"? what kind of cretin wrote the script? also can you suggest what kind of meat comes to room temperature in an hour or two from the freezer? good grief.
Anunciado durante a Gamescom 2017, uma das maiores feiras de videogame do mundo, o remake de Secret of Mana é, desde o início, um projeto pensado para agradar aos fãs de longa data e atrair jogadores novatos com um gameplay mais acessível.
Não se engane: a versão 2018 de Secret of Mana está mais para uma recriação do que uma mera remasterização com pequeno ajustes gráficos. O que temos aqui é um jogo completamente atualizado, com personagens redesenhados que ganharam nova vida graças à estética cartunesca.
Se, por um lado, as mudanças visuais foram projetadas para atrair novatos, por outro, algumas pessoas podem torcer o nariz pela simplicidade da nova abordagem - especialmente no que diz respeito aos cenários e criaturas do mundo.
Os cenários coloridos, por exemplo, ainda que estejam bem representados, trazem pouca variedade e deixam game com cara de “jogo de celular”. Isso fica mais evidente pela estrutura do game, já que muitas áreas estão completamente vazias e monótonas. Nesse quesito, Secret of Mana não tem vantagem em ter o fator nostalgia a seu favor.
O remake utiliza a clássica perspectiva de visão aérea, com a câmera posicionada acima dos personagens. É possível arrastar as bordas da tela manualmente para ter uma visão mais ampla do ambiente, o que é bastante útil para momentos de exploração.
O brilho da era noventista, mas com ressalvas.
Antes de tudo, é importante ressaltar que não há legendas em português, então o melhor a fazer é jogar com textos em inglês. A história continua sendo o ponto mais alto de Secret of Mana e, novamente, coloca o jogador no controle de três adoráveis personagens: Randi, Primm e Popoi - é possível jogar em modo cooperativo local para até três usuários.
O objetivo do grupo é lutar contra um império traidor ao mesmo tempo em que tenta recuperar o poder da Mana para restaurar a paz. O grande problema é que, embora os gráficos estejam atualizados, as animações ficaram presas ao passado. Em vez de despertar o sentimento de nostalgia, a falta de capricho passa a impressão de que o remake foi feito às pressas.
A jogabilidade à la Zelda foi aprimorada e permite desferir ataques de qualquer ângulo. Os inimigos também demonstram mais inteligência, uma vez que agora eles têm a opção de atacar a partir de qualquer ponto do cenário.
Ainda que a movimentação esteja mais fluida, parece haver algum problema técnico relacionado ao impacto dos golpes. Isso porque há momentos em que o personagem simplesmente não acerta o ataque, mesmo posicionado a uma distância razoável do oponente.
Além disso, a interface dos menus ficou bem aquém do esperado, com abas confusas e muito mal posicionadas. Há, no entanto, uma opção de mapear os itens essenciais nos botões do joystick ou teclado, o que facilita muito a organização na hora de combates mais exigentes.
O remake de Secret of Mana mantém a essência da pérola dos RPGs de ação dos anos 90, mas comete muitos deslizes ao tentar mexer em time que está ganhando. Menus engessados, sistema de combate com problemas técnicos e animações presas ao passado impedem o relançamento de ser a experiência definitiva, apesar de que possa valer para quem nunca experimentou o jogo original.