READ HERE FOR VIDEO INFO AND THE RECIPE! :D
Kn: Welcome to the third episode of our "Sonic Chefs" mini-series! :D If you would like to bake cookies and decorate them to look like Vector, Charmy, Espio, Amy Rose, Knuckles, and Tails, please follow along with this video! :D You can also use these ideas to make other Sonic characters as well. Have fun, and post a video response showing us your cookie project! :D
cjszero01 as Vector the Crocodile
BeatBlox as Espio the Chameleon
SonicSong182's Amy as Charmy Bee
PlatinumSpeed as Knuckles the Echidna
Hieifireshadow as Miles "Tails" Prower
SonicSong182's Amy as Amy Rose
TEAM CHAOTIX SUGAR COOKIES
2 and 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup butter (softened)
1 and 1/2 cups of white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cans of white or light-colored frosting
Food Coloring (Red, blue, green, purple, yellow, orange, black etc... basic colors)
MAKING THE DOUGH
1) Preheat the oven to 375 degree F (190 degrees C).
2) In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder. Set aside.
3) In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth... then beat in the eggs and vanilla. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients from the first bowl to turn this mixture into dough.
4) Line a cookie sheet with tin foil, and set it aside.
5) Put some flour on a clean kitchen counter, and put some flour on a rolling pin. Then take your dough and roll it flat on the counter. (In the video, we did this inside the cookie sheet, on top of the tin foil. We still put flour onto the tin foil so the dough wouldn't stick - it was a little difficult to roll the dough flat, though, because of how narrow the cookie pan was!)
6) Once your dough is flat, carefully cut the shapes of the character you want to make. Don't make them too big! When the cookies bake in the oven, they're going to get bigger, so you don't want to start out huge.
7) Once your shapes are cut out, carefully put them onto the cookie sheet.
8) Put your cookie sheet in the oven and bake for about 6 minutes. Please keep an eye on the cookies - this sort of thing may burn easily.
9) Now it's time to decorate your cookie shapes. Take the food coloring and frosting, and mix the colors you're going to need.
10) Spend however long you need to decorate the cookies - treat it like an art project! When you're finished decorating, enjoy your delicious Team Chaotix cookies!
1) This baking project is a lot like an art project - it can take a long time to decorate these if you decide to be very detailed. If you would rather just finish up and eat your cookies sooner, just color each cookie with ONE frosting color - like Green for Vector, Purple for Espio, and Yellow for Charmy. This is a much easier version of the project. ^_^
2) If you need both Red and Pink frosting for your cookies, make the pink frosting first by adding just a few drops of red food coloring. Use all the pink you need... and then just add more red food coloring to turn it red. Doing this for all your similar colors will help you save on supplies!)
3) Use a toothpick or barbecue skewer if you want to make small details, such as outlines, mouths, eyelashes, or eye pupils.
4) It helps with frosting the eyes if you take a plastic Ziploc bag, cut a small hole in the corner, and squeeze frosting out through it. Then spread it a bit with a butter-knife if you need to.